Friday, February 27, 2009

The Village Laundromat


People love before and after shots. I could show you a before and after shot of my laundry closet to the right—and yes, it was a definite improvement! Greater yet is the improvement of my present laundry facilities compared to the laundry facilities in our early years in Venezuela. Going to the village laundromat meant scrubbing clothes on a rock or overturned dugout canoe in the river.

Which is better? My automatic washer and dryer are definitely better! I love not having to try to wring out clothes well enough that they'll dry before they sour. I love being able to do something else while the washer and dryer do all the work!

With yesterday's blog being about being thankful, I must say I am really thankful for my modern laundry facilities!




4 comments:

  1. Impressive! That was taken in Toki. I don't have any of my very pregnant (with twins) self scrubbing laundry at the port in Parupa---even if it did happen! After a point I had to hire someone to scrub the clothes at the port since I couldn't carry the basket of wet clothes any longer! You know, the "wimpy" missionary! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did laundry there near Toki a few times myself. I also had to eventually hire help in Cha, because of my back surgeries, which came about from carrying water and wet laundry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had admiration for how strong and tough those Maquiritare women were!

    ReplyDelete