Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Simple Blessings

Sleep on a youth group's Winter Retreat is never quite the same as sleep at home. God understands that. I arrived back at work on Monday stiffer and slower than usual. On my desk sat my "thought and verse for the day" calendar. Discarding the "thoughts" for the weekend days, I smiled as I read Monday's verse:

"I laid me down and slept." Psalms 3:5

Followed by Monday's thought:

"May I never take that simple blessing for granted."

Talk about echoing off my thoughts of the night before---and even a verse to go along with it!

2 comments:

  1. Sleep soinds delightful. it seems I may have dengue. Spent my birthday at the doctors and lab. ready for some good sleep. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jungle Mom, do I feel sorry for you. Real sympathy pains. Been there. Done that. Had dengue. It was worse than malaria for me! I'll be praying for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete