Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God's Ways Are Not Our Ways

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways, 
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
- Isaiah 55:8-9


This was to be the "victory message," the message letting you know the operation was a success, that they were able to remove the cancer riddled organs from Matt's body, the message offering yet more hope. Yet, as the verses above read, God's ways are not our ways. Upon opening Matt up they found the tumor by the portal vein had invaded further than expected, making the proposed operation impossible. They closed him back up. We are not yet certain what this means. We don't have a new prognosis. We have yet to speak to the oncologist. 

Is this what we had hoped for? Obviously not. Is God still in control? Most definitely. Isaiah 55:9 tell us that as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are GOD'S ways higher than our ways, and GOD'S thoughts higher than our thoughts. We claim the truth, even if we have to claim it through the tears of our human frailty. God has a greater purpose to accomplish through what appears to be a major setback to our human minds and hearts. We cling to Him and to His promises by faith. At the same time we covet your prayers as we continue down this difficult journey with God.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so good with words so we know the situation really well and how you are coping...Thanks for being honest with us Rosie!\Love Paul and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about that, Rosie. Yet it's so true that God has his ways and we can rest in that through the power of His Spirit. We know He can bring confidence and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie,
    Thank you for your godly example as a woman of faith! You are a strong lady and God will honor you and Matt in this journey. Hold fast to your beliefs and know that the victory over everything in life is in the shed blood of Jesus. We can release the power of the blood. There is wonder working power in the blood!
    Love you guys-- keep strong! God will make a way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about today's outcome. I'm glad that we serve a mighty God because it's time for a miracle. So I am just praying that God will release his mighty arm of healing over Matt's body and repair the damage that has been done to his organs. Give him his strength back and restore him to health. Thank- you Jesus for the power of the Gospel that we can live in hope and not fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update, although not the outcome we'd hoped and prayed for, God is so in control just as you mention above. Holding you all very close in prayer and our hearts tonight!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how many times I cried today. I can only pray and ask God first to help Matt especially but also you Rosie and the boys bear this burden with God's Grace and Mercy... I want also to say in the light of what seems to be an impossible situation there is Hope ... I don't say that I understand it, I just know by faith that our Hope is in the Lord. My heart says there is hope, when my mind says there is no hope. I guess the question remains what is our hope focused on (or whom) I wrestle with many thing and end up with surrender. It so hard to learn to surrender my will to God's will and I pray that God will help you all through this also. Always here for you.Love Gary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rosie, we cannot KNOW exactly what you and your family are going through, but we are hurting with you. The words of "The Solid Rock" come to mind: "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but WHOLLY lean on Jesus' name. On CHRIST the SOLID ROCK I stand, ALL other ground is sinking sand." We are standing with you on that Solid Rock!! Fran and Jan

    ReplyDelete